It is not always possible to pay respects in person, so we hope that this small token will help.
A gift to your family, sparing them hard decisions at an emotional time.
Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to a family suffering from loss.
The funeral home has been in existence at our present location since 1950. During this time, the direction of the funeral home has involved several individuals and familes. Mr. Jack Hattin moved to Bancroft in the early 1950's and purchased this location from the previous owner. He operated the funeral home under the name of the J.S. Hattin Funeral Home until 1978 when the business was sold to Mr. Bill Wiggins and became the W.E. Wiggins Funeral Home. Tim Baragar, the current owner, worked for the Wiggins family beginning in 1980 and following his licensing requirements which were achieved in 1982 has been here since. Tim is originally from the settlement of Lake St. Peter and has lived in the Bancroft area all of his life. Tim purchased the business from Bill and Joyce Wiggins in 1996 and has operated the funeral home under it's current name since then. Jeff Neuman, also a local resident began his career in funeral service here in Bancroft in 1990 and upon obtaining his funeral director's license in 1993 has been on staff ever since.
The building that houses the funeral home was originally constructed in 1861 by a Mr. James Cleak and is now the oldest existing residence in the Town of Bancroft. Prior to becoming the Hattin Funeral Home, the building was owned by several families as a private residence. The location has seen many renovations and expansions during it's time as a funeral home. For more information please contact us